Sunday, December 30, 2012

Holy Holidays!

What a great holiday season this has been!
I spent a week in Cleveland with my family, came back to Chicago on Friday, taught a few group fitness classes, then headed to boyfriend's grandmother's house for Christmas with his family. And boy is his family generous! I'm so lucky and thankful to have them in my life. My immediate family consists of three people. I hardly knew any of my grandparents, they all passed before I was 8 years old. My father has one brother and my mother is an only child. Around our table sits my mom, dad, sister, and any boyfriend we might be dating at the time. So to be surrounded by boyfriend's sister, her boyfriend, parents, grandparents, uncles, cousins, nieces, and nephews is a treat I wasn't able to grow up with. They may complain about the chaos around their table, but I think it's so much fun. 

And while visiting family is always a blessing, there is something so comforting and relaxing about being back in our little urban Chicago apartment. 

After we came home today, I hit up TJ Maxx for a few items. 

A new basket to corral our many mittens, scarves, and hats. For the past few months, they were living in a duffel bag behind the couch.


A few new serving dishes for New Years Brunch

I picked up all of my ingredients for my first annual New Years Day Brunch, straightened up the apartment, and hung an entire wardrobes-worth of clothing from Grandma and mom. Now it's time to relax, plan out my Brunch cooking strategy, and catch up on reality TV. 


I can't wait to finally have an excuse to use my "Cheers!" plates from Williams-Sonoma. My mom bought these for me last year - six plates, each says "cheers" in a different language. 

Wish me luck in cooking this New Years Brunch with an almost guaranteed hangover.

No comments: