I teach Spinning twice per week (Mondays 6AM and Fridays 6PM) so I thought I'd share a playlist each week that you can try out on your own, or come up with some ideas for a few great workout songs to keep you motivated!
1. Alejandro (Skrillex Club Mix) by Lady Gaga - 6:18 - nice long warm up, take your time, gradually build speed and resistance. Stay in the saddle, on a flat road. Come out of the saddle if you want a little stretch.
2. Come On Eileen by Save Ferris - 4:09 - This one's about speed. So pick up the pace. Increase speed to a strong run, about 80% of your maximum speed and hold for at least 45 seconds. Recover in second, to keep the heart rate up. Repeat.
3. On My Way by Billy Boy On Poison - 2:44 - Here's where we'll transition from a flat road to a strong hill. Add resistance every minute or so. When you first hit that hill, come out of the saddle, try to keep your speed up through the resistance. Continue to add resistance until the legs start to slow down.
4. Golden Age by Asteroid Galaxy Tour - 3:50 - Add on a little more resistance and settle into the saddle.
5. Gone Remix - 5:32 - Take 1 or 2 minutes to recover, then start slow jumps.
6. Henrietta by The Fratellis - 3:32 - Continue Jumps. Jump for 30 seconds, then take a 30 second brake, and repeat.
7. I Walked In by Broughman - 4:22 - Add on that resistance and start into our second and last hill
8. Boulevard of Broken Dreams Remix by Greenday - 4:34 - Your choice, hill in the saddle, or come out to 3rd.
9. Bombs over Bagdad by Outkast - 5:06 - Three sprints, 15 - 20 seconds each, with a minute recovery in between.
10. Get Lifted by Tiesto - 5:21 - Your choice, finish out with a run, jump sequence, or hill. Whatever you're feeling today!
11. Bleeding Love / You Live, You Learn - About 8 minutes of cool down, resistance off. Keep the pedals moving for a minute or two to let heart rate come down slowly. Don't forget to stretch!
*Does your Spinning instructor have a sequence or song that just rocks your class? Let me know, I'm always looking for new suggestions to keep it fresh!