Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sprinting to the Finish

ZOMG! What a week. We had a super crazy deadline at work, and luckily our team pulled together to finish the project, but it left me so tired at night that I got nothing done. Plus I was still getting rid of this cold.

I made a great, and easy, tomato soup with Parmesan croutons from Real Simple magazine. It really, really was easy. And quick! My boyfriend loved it. I used my immersion blender so I didn't have to drag out (and clean) the giant counter blender. If you don't have an immersion blender, go get one now! I have a 2-speed KitchenAid hand blender, but if you want to shell out a little more money, I'd go for the 5-speed.

Hit up Cesar's on Thursday for a $6 margarita and some delicious tostados. I LOVE this Mexican restaurant, right across the street from me. It's huge inside. 

Friday, one of my company's newest television shows premiered on Investigation Discovery. It's called "Desperate Measures," has kind of a "Desperate Housewives" stylish feel, and it was done really well, produced by a GREAT group of people. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Saturday AM was cleaning day. I taught my Body Pump class, bought a pair of Run: Inspire crops from Lululemon, and passed out when I got home.

Sunday I had to wake up early to sub a Spinning class and a CXWorx class back to back. I sprinted home, and had my FIRST EVER FACIAL! at a great place called DermaSpa. A well-informed Chrissy did the facial, she gave me some great recommendations for my skincare routine. I left feeling refreshed, clean, and extracted! I'm definitely going to have to make these facials a slightly more regular part of my routine.

After teaching, my hips and IT band were feeling SUPER tight, so I ran back to my gym and got an impromptu massage. Perks of being an instructor, I get a good 20% off on massages :)
Jeff was awesome about opening up my hips and rubbing out my lower back and hams. He even gave me some stretches to help keep things loose.

After a massive grocery spree and 4 loads of laundry, it's about time I sit down and relax. Eating some sushi, and excited for the raspberry gelato in the freezer! I'm gearing up for next week, and just can't wait to hit the sack.



Only 4 days of work, and I'm taking a week off :) ahhh....




No comments: